As we welcome July, the seventh month of the year, ( already!) it’s time for the first of the month quiz.
1. The month of Quintilis was renamed July in honour of which historical figure?
2. In the poem, The Garden Year, in the line ‘Hot July brings cooling showers, apricots, and gillyflowers’, which modern day flower is a gillyflower?
3. St Swithin’s Day falls on which date every year? And if it rains on St. Swithin’s Day, for how many more days will it continually rain?
4. Neil Armstrong became the first man to step onto the moon on July 21, in which year?
5. Which zodiac sign for the month of July ends on July 22? And which sign starts from July 23 onwards?
6. Which gemstone, a variety of the mineral corundum, and which symbolises contentment, is the birthstone of July?
7. True or false. On average, July is the hottest month of the year in the UK?
How did you do? come back tomorrow when the answers will be revealed. 😊