QUIZ FIVE – PART TWO.
U3A WEEKLY QUIZ CHALLENGE FROM MADELEY & DISTRICT U3A THESE ARE THE FIRST LINES OF SONGS. WHAT’S THE TITLE OF THE SONG AND WHO SANG IT?
1 point for song, 1 for singer/group = max 70 points. If there are several versions just put the most popular one, but any recorded version will get you the point.
36. Picked her up on a Friday night
37. You think you’ve lost your love
38. I’m sitting in the railway station, got a ticket for my destination
39. If you want to turn me onto anything you really want to
40. There is a house in New Orleans
41. You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips
42. They say we’re young and we don’t know
43. I saw her today, I saw her face
44. The best things in life are free
45. I’ve got a feeling inside
46. I’m gonna raise a fuss, I’m gonna raise a holler
47. I can’t help it ‘bout the shape I’m in
48. And did those feet in ancient time (pop version(s) please, not the WI)
49. Is this the real life, is this just fantasy
50. I’m not content to be with you in the daytime
51. Ever since I was a young boy
52. I live on an apartment on the 99th floor of my block
53. I’ve been cheated by you since I don’t know when
54. Oh my love, my darling, I’ve hungered for your touch
55. Wise men say
56. Well just because I’m in my teens and I still go to school
57. I was alright for a while, I could smile for a while
58. Well she’s got her daddy’s car and she’s cruising just as fast as she can now
59. When you’re weary, feeling small
60. Goodbye Norma Jean
61. I can feel a new expression on my face, I can feel a glowing sensation taking place
62. I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window
63. There she was just a-walkin’ down the street
64. Dirty old river, must you keep rolling, flowing into the night?
65. I don’t know what it is that makes me love you so
66. I got my first real six-string, bought it at the five-and-dime
67. Ridin’ along in my automobile, my baby beside me at the wheel
68. No, I don’t know where I’m goin’, but I sure know where I’ve been
69. Dum-dumb-dumb-dummy doo-wah, ooh yay, yay, yay, yeah, oh oh oh oh wah
70. When she was just a kid her clothes were hand-me-downs
Please note that I claim copyright on these questions. I am happy for you to use them for your own U3A events but not for any further publication, copying or dissemination without my express permission (retired lawyer talking!)
Madeley & District U3A, Staffordshire
Answers Out on Wednesday Morning.